Pages

9.30.2007

Sunday Afternoon

Dudley and I made a journey to visit with Mom & Dad for a little while this afternoon. I needed to tend to my violet-children, who are doing great in their foster home, by the way.

Mom and Dad were just hanging out, enjoying the beautiful weather - today was fabulous!


Dudley is never quite sure what's going on when we go anywhere, and today was no exception, even though he's been to 7SR before. He was mostly interested in exploring the great outdoors and playing with Kookie just a little rather than doing inside-visiting.

During our meanderings, we admired Dad's jalapeno peppers, which seem to be no worse-for-the-wear given our heat and drought this summer. They're as tasty as they are beautiful, and I brought home a couple of handfuls to go with our grilled shrimp for dinner tonight. We'll probably stuff them with cheese, put them in a foil-pack and stick them on the grill - YUM! Served with a dollop of sour cream, there's nothing better!!!


Dad spotted a little snake in the middle of his dinner that we watched for a few minutes. Snakes eat slowly, and his mouth was so full of frog that I was able to get close with the camera and not worry about getting bitten. No doubt the frog was too far in to be spat out...


The visit was great - no place is more relaxing than Mom & Dad's back yard on a Sunday afternoon, for sure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pammie:
Dad and I really enjoyed yours and Dudley visit for a short time this afternoon. Thanks for the pictures on the Blog. Cynthia will enjoy seeing that I was in her hamock. It is a very comfortable place to relax. Today was a beautiful fall day, I'm afraid we'll be wishing for some of this warmer weather in a few weeks when it is in the 30's and 40's.
That picture of the peppers was a beautiful picture. Your camera takes really good pictures, but then you know how to spot just the right frame for snapping.
Have a good week and we'll probably see you Thursday for lunch. We'll talk later, but Dad's appointment is 1:30 pm. You'll have to give us directions again to the hospital and your office, unless we can meet you at the front where we dropped you off the last time.
Have a safe trip in the morning, I know you call Jack when you arrive.
Maybe you can catch that train tomorrow.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I would like to express my sympathy to the little frog. You pictures are great, and your animals are sooooooo cute. I am glad Jimmy is better.

Pam

Anonymous said...

Dear Pam,

I would like to see Carlton after another shot of catnip and Mary Lynn after another shot of whisky. I notice that Glenn's cup is empty and Mary Lynn looks quite suspicious.

Pam

Anonymous said...

Are Rosa, Venus and Rufus related? I should have said that I would like to express my heartfelt sympathy for the litte frog or to what is left of the little frog.Spare the legs and spoil the snake.
Pam